Top Post Views

3: Malaysia REITs - Looking For My 2nd Durian Runtuh
4: Is Insurance Really Necessary?
5: Everyone Must be A Millionaire

Head to the watch list on the above tab to see my what's on my radar and foreseeable future postings =)

Decided to make adjustments on the way I blog & share due to time constraints and other commitments. In the coming weeks you should see them. Short updates but more frequent & concise.

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Spirit Of Marathon


Spritzer-Kelab RoadRunners Ipoh Annual Run (12.12.2010)
Race Distance: 12km on macadamized road surfaces on undulating terrain of up to more 250 meters above sea level.
Clocking Time: 1:29:23
Average Speed: 8.09km/hr
Award: Top 600 Finisher T-Shirt & Finisher Medal (within 2.5hrs)
Good: Spectacular scenic view at Bukit Kinding, good trail for cross country run.
Bad: I find the slope very steep at some parts, steeper than stairwell!, my legs just refuse to run me up, that's just me.

Penang Bridge International Marathon (21.11.2010)
Race: 21km on tarred surfaces.
Clocking Time: 2:49:38
Average Speed: 7.45km/hr
Award: Finisher Medal (within 3.5hrs)
Good: Amazing that you are looking at island while running instead of driving on the bridge, a rare chance.
Bad: It was raining cats and dogs, wet and heavier to run. Difficult to find car park.

Kebun Bunga Charity Run (24.10.2010)
Race: 6km on tarred surfaces & pavements.
Cloking Time: 38:44
Average Speed: 9.47km/hr
Award: Top 500 Finisher Medal
Good: Easy and fun run, it's for charity anyway. Treat it as a practice run.
Bad: Have to take care of traffic e.g. cars, pavement running is not comfortable which is especially true in Malaysia due to its quality.

Next? Am looking for easy practice runs such as 6km or 10km and better prepare for a run like Malakoff 26km challenge: 2010's route. Will be a nice race as it takes you through lush greenery, seaside view, city centre and historical sites. I need to boost my running speed and stamina to 9km/hr-10km/hr pace for continuous 3 hours. If there is any event especially in Penang let me know! For now it's back to the training ground.
Marathon (Korean 2005 film) based on the true story of Bae-Hyeong-jin, a runner who happens to have autism.

Not forgetting the top 5 marathon songs I have on my playlist while running.
  1. Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
  2. Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now
  3. Europe - The Final Countdown
  4. Queen - We Are The Champions
  5. Delta Goodrem - Together We Are One

No comments:

Post a Comment